Exams are approaching, students and parents alike are anxious to beat the examination stress smoothly.
Here are few tips for Students and Parents to relieve a part of this stress-
1. Always start your day with fruit for improving concentration in class and during exams.
2. Never skip your breakfast, homemade breakfast like poha, daliya, upma, parantha etc. will keep you alert and productive all day though.
3. Try and carry portable meals in your bag when going for classes-peanuts, makhane, channe, sprouts, fruits, ladoos or chikki to snack on when you get packish between lectures.
4. When staying up to late study, have grilled sandwich or chapati with jaggery and ghee or fruit smoothie.
5. During exams, eat foods that are familiar with.
Avoid chips, biscuits, processed packed products for better memory.
6. The night before exam, opt for rice based meal- khichri, curd-rice or dal-rice-ghee is ideal to stay satisfied and keep anxiety under control.
7.Avoiding green leafy vegetables,poha, sprouts, amla, lemon can cause iron deficiency called anaemia.
8. Watching TV,mobile,laptop,tabs while having food interferes in absorption of good nutrients in body. Stop use of gadgets 60 mins before going to bed.
9. Prepare healthy snacks in evening instead of junk and street food like sprouts chaat, channa chaat, panner salad, egg salad, vegetable poha etc.
10.Opt for healthy options while eating out with friends after exam like choosing Indian cuisine instead of burgers and pizzas.
11. Include brain foods in your diet like walnuts, almonds, coconut, flaxseeds, figs, pumpkin seeds, fruits and vegetables.
12. Exercise 150 mins per week. Habits formed now, goes forever with you.
Love yourself. Good luck for exams.