Friday, December 17, 2010

Best Diaper Brands in India - A Pediatrician's Personal Choice

Many parents of young children, especially NRIs (Non Resident Indians) are worried when they come over to India for vacations. They are not aware of what diaper brands are available, and whether the available brands would "suit" the sensitive skin of their toddler/ infant.
A whole range of good quality diaper brands are now available in India. Here is a small selection (in no particular order)
  • Pampers
  • Pampers (Active) - Imported from Saudi Arabia!
  • Huggies
  • Momy Poko Pants (Can be worn like an underwear - no need to fasten adhesive strips)
  • Wipro Baby Soft - Cloth like feel
Many of the upscale pharmacies in bigger cities also have a wide range of Imported Diapers. Hence I rarely advise parents to carry diapers in from abroad, unless the skin of the child is very sensitive, and allergic to a large number of available brands.
My personal favorite is surprisingly an Indian Brand - Wipro's Baby Soft Diapers. There are two reasons for the same...
  1. It actually has a cloth like feel and is thus probably less likely to cause a contact dermatitis / allergic rash.
  2. Its drying power is phenomenal, and the diaper remains significantly drier for longer than with other brands.
Full Disclosure: I use this brand for my daughter. I have NO financial relationship with the manufacturers of any diaper brands, including the ones that I am recommending. I have to buy them just like the rest of us :)


2 comments:

Prasanna singh said...

hello, my name is prasanna my daughter is one month and two weeks old, is it fine if she sleeps in baby hammock, will it effect her body structure I mean back. awaiting ur reply.

Dr. Gaurav Gupta M.D. said...

Thanks for reading through my blog.
A baby hammock is safe and does not affect the back in any way.
I would recommend this excellent link that has excellent advise regarding using palna, both traditional and modern,
http://www.babycenter.in/baby/safety/palna-baby-hammock-expert/