A whole range of good quality diaper brands are now available in India. Here is a small selection (in no particular order)
- Pampers (Active) - Imported from Saudi Arabia!
- Momy Poko Pants (Can be worn like an underwear - no need to fasten adhesive strips)
- Wipro Baby Soft - Cloth like feel
Many of the upscale pharmacies in bigger cities also have a wide range of Imported Diapers. Hence I rarely advise parents to carry diapers in from abroad, unless the skin of the child is very sensitive, and allergic to a large number of available brands.
My personal favorite is surprisingly an Indian Brand - Wipro's Baby Soft Diapers. There are two reasons for the same...
- It actually has a cloth like feel and is thus probably less likely to cause a contact dermatitis / allergic rash.
- Its drying power is phenomenal, and the diaper remains significantly drier for longer than with other brands.
Full Disclosure: I use this brand for my daughter. I have NO financial relationship with the manufacturers of any diaper brands, including the ones that I am recommending. I have to buy them just like the rest of us :)