Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Internet Parent (TIP) - Guide to common childcare & parenting questions

Today I am starting a new project that should (hopefully) consist of the common questions that I am asked in my Pediatric Practice.
I will try to post a question every day, and would love to have feedback / queries from parents (& would be parents) too !
While many such resources are available online, only a few are from pediatricians, and almost none from an Indian Pediatrician.
I hope to fill this gap, and try to not only educate parents, but myself in the process, and have fun.
While I would like to provide standard advise as far as possible, we all know that no two children are alike, and no single formula (one size fits all approach) exists for parenting.
As a parent and as a pediatrician, my brief would be to provide accurate information, clear common myths, and where ever possible share my experience, so that we are able to bring up healthy and happy children.
Remember, health is not defined as just the absence of disease, but a state of complete social, mental and physical well -being (by WHO).
I would love to be a part of making your children healthy !

No comments: